Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Disrobing My Self-Centered View of the World!

I am going through a transformation in my life, whereas, I would like to see people for who they are and not for what I want them to be.   In other words, I want to stop Judging people, even though I don't think that I was doing it in a harmful way.
"JUDGING REQUIRES THAT YOU THINK YOURSELF SUPERIOR OVER THE ONE YOU JUDGE!"
There are quite a few things that made me realize that I could make my burden much lighter if I addressed this immediately.  However, I am only going to tell you about three of the motivations for my desire to be "Judgement Free"
  • The book called the "The Shack" by WM Paul Young, was thought provoking.  That is where I ripped off that Judging quote above.  When I unintentionally judged someone in the past, OK, maybe I did judge some people out of pure meanness, I must have thought that I was so high and righteous enough to do so.  Maybe I was just doing it to make myself feel better as I have accused others of doing.  I generally love people, and for a living I have dedicated myself to defending people's basic rights to the best of my ability even if means being retaliated against. Yet, when someone slighted me verbally, I would say things like "they were spawned by Satan, they are just Ghetto!, he/she is a racist, that's why they are suffering cause they are reaping their Karma!"  It really wasn't my place to say these things because they weren't necessarilty true, but for some cruel reason, it made me feel better to say those things at that time. 
  • The 2nd reason is because I have a relative that I love with all my heart, just like a sister.  (I am the youngest of 5 and I am only the only girl).  She goes to Church every Sunday, but she uses  God and the Bible like a weapon.  I mean she rebuke everybody because she is a "Child of God".  Anybody who curse, drink, smoke, dance a little suggestive, or don't put money in the plate when it get passed around is going straight to "hell"!  Yet she will pick up a Lottery Ticket so fast it will make your head spin.  Despite that, I still think that she is a Child of God, just as I am with all my sins because I thought that was why God sent his son to redeem us all.  
  • The third reason that I need to enter the "No Judgement Zone" is because everyone has a past.  Even murderers.  That is why we are required to forgive others of their trespassing.   When I see the man outside of the liquor store begging for change, now I ask myself "What happened to this person to bring him here?"  When I see a young lady who "sleeps around", I ask "I wonder if someone took advantage of her as a child, because studies shows that molested children often grows up to be promiscuous adults?"  When I see a young man who has very feminine qualities, I ask "Is he alone in this world dealing with what is a very scary and isolating issue? Did his family abandon him just because he  decided to stay true to his feelings and emotions?  
I could go on and on.  But I won't...............! I just want to say that if this blog made you feel a little uncomfortable, it is becuase you probably need to take the "No Judgement Journey" with me.  I could use a little company, cause I don't want to be alone when I strip myself bare and see all the things about myself that I didn't see because I was too busy Judging others. 




No comments:

Post a Comment